This is only the products we sell. Should you wish to buy something, Please contact any of our team members to assist with Delivery. A Store will be made available at a later stage
Lipolysis is an innovative, gentle and nonsurgical method to remove the accumulation of fat deposits in specific regions of the body. It is one of the safest methods for reducing double chin, and fat around the waist, inner thigh and abdomen, under the upper arms, knees and ankles. It is also an extremely effective method for combatting cellulite. Lipolysis is used to improve the effects of dieting and exercise.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES?
The results vary according to the patient’s age, skin type, weight and lifestyle. Some people see results immediately, whereas others notice a gradual change over a period of weeks or months. Since Lipolysis is effective in dissolving surplus fat and helping the body to block fat storage, the results are permanent. Improved blood flow to the targeted areas and the enhancement of lymphatic drainage, combined with the reduction of fibrotic tissue result in a visible reduction of the orange peel effect associated with CELLULITE. People who are committed to a healthy lifestyle of regular exercise and a balanced diet should experience long term improvement.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
• Since it is a non-invasive procedure, patients can return to work immediately after the treatment.
• Hot showers and baths should be avoided for eight hours after treatment.
• Refrain from excessive exercising and massages for the first week after treatment.
• It is a relatively painless procedure although patients may experience discomfort from the initial injection pricks. Light swelling, redness and a burning sensation may be experienced at the targeted areas for one to four days. Light bruises will disappear within a week.
• In rare cases, some hardening may occur (deep haematomas, bruises), but these disappear by themselves after 2-6 weeks. Altogether, the therapy can be regarded as low in side-effects. If a person has a low pain threshold it is recommended that the patient take a light pain killer after the treatment.
• Lipolysis contains no animal products.
• It is not a hormonal treatment and contain no hormones.
• It is not a medical treatment and falls into the mesotherapy range of treatments.
SCIENCE BEHIND LIPOLYSIS
Lipolysis uses a mixture of fat-dissolving phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate saline solution, injected to the localised regions of the body. The treatment is performed by a specially trained professional and involves virtually painless micro-injections into the targeted fat layer beneath the skin.
The active ingredients are Phosphatidylcholine (PPC), a component of Soy Lecithin, which has the ability to emulsify fat. Lecithin prevents the body from storing fat in the targeted regions and improves the fat burning capacity of the body. The second component is Deoxycholate (DC), a saline solution that keeps PPC in a soluble, injectable state. During application, active substances lead to cracking of the membranes of fat cells in the treated zone and to outpouring of their content into the surrounding tissue. Transportation takes place via the lymphatic system, therefore the need to drink a lot of water. The Lipogon difference comes into play due to the fact that we add a cocktail of herbs and seaweed to speed up fat metabolism, general metabolism and movement of the emulsified fat into the lymphatic system. It is necessary to emphasise that this procedure is not an alternative to a healthy diet or exercise, but helps to target areas not easily affected by regular exercise and dieting. Phosphatidylcholine has been successfully used around the world for almost 16 years as part of intravenous treatment of cholesterol related illnesses, and more recently, also for the reduction of fat deposits in targeted regions of the body. It was first used in Italy and became popular in Brazil, the USA, and recently also in South Africa.
IS INJECTING LIPOLYSIS TREATMENT PAINFUL?
As there are few nerve fibres in the subcutaneous tissue, the injections are not painful. Patients only feel a slight initial prick and, for the first 2 hours, a slight sensation of itching and burning. Only 4% of all patients need a pain-killing tablet on the first night after treatment.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE?
The initial consultation takes more or less 30 minutes. The follow up procedures take only a few minutes, depending on the amount of injections needed